If you live in an area with slopes or hills or you just want to spice up the look of your landscape, then retaining walls might just be the perfect landscape addition for you.
Advantages of Having Retaining Walls
Aside from preventing soil erosion, retaining walls have more benefits to offer as well. They act as barriers for muddy water during heavy rains, so you won’t feel guilty about polluting the waters in your vicinity. Plus, of course, the added advantage of a new area for planting crops, flowers, or a special play area for your kids.
Retaining walls can also enhance the beauty of your Memphis landscape. You can put hanging plants, flower beds, or steps. You can also turn the other side of the retaining wall to a cozy sitting area. Add a water feature and you’ll have a refreshing hideaway during the warm, summer months. Install it with a fire pit, and you’ll have a nice and safe campsite for your kids and their friends. Indeed, these structures are flexible, beautiful and durable.
Segmental Wall Blocks: Retaining Walls that Never Fail
Picture Perfect Landscapes don’t just build structures. We make sure that your retaining walls will last a long, long time by using segmental retaining wall blocks. These blocks come from the sturdiest stones that are guaranteed to stand the test of time and nature. They also come in different shapes and colors, which can create an interesting panorama to suit your existing landscape.
However, segmental wall blocks must be expertly installed in order to maximize their functionality. Here’s what we do to assure you of the best retaining walls this side of Tennessee:
- Build a strong foundation. The sturdiness of any structure depends on the strength of its foundation. Before laying a foundation, we first check the compactness of the soil. If necessary, we use the best tools and equipment to ensure that the soil is firm enough to prevent the walls from sinking.
- Install effective drainage. A good, functional drainage is an essential factor when building retaining walls. In fact, it can make or break the structure. Bad drainage results in flooding. This puts more weight and pressure on the soil, which may lead to bulging and, eventually, breakage of the retaining wall.
- Provide suitable reinforcement. Not all reinforcement materials are good. Some of them (blowsand, for example) retain more water than others. We prefer to use geo grids, gravel, and sand for faster water drainage.
A Dependable Retaining Wall Builder in Tennessee
Our company has licensed engineers, stone masons, and artisans who have undergone extensive training and years of experience in installing retaining walls. Once you contact us, our team of experts will inspect your area and make the necessary recommendations depending on soil compactness, the required height of the retaining wall, and the best location for it.
We don’t take chances by using substandard materials. Rest assured that we only use the best in the market for all our projects, coupled with the latest tools and equipment. We know how to efficiently lay the segmental blocks to create remarkable retaining walls that are both functional and beautiful.We Provide Services to the Following Cities, Towns and surrounding areas in TN:
- Landscape Maintenance Memphis, TN
- Mowing Germantown, TN
- Lawn Maintenance Collierville, TN
- Bartlett, TN
- Midtown, TN
- Lawn Care Arlington, TN
- East Memphis, TN
- Central Gardens, TN
- Chickasaw Gardens, TN
- South Wind, TN
- Weed Control/Fertilization Lakeland, TN