New lawn seeding services in Memphis, Midtown Memphis, East Memphis, TN, and surrounding areas.
We use fescue seeds to grow your new lawn.
Your grass plays a major role in the curb appeal of your property, so you'll want to make sure that it always looks great. If your lawn is filled with bare spots or you are building a new property and need to start from scratch, we've got you covered! At Picture Perfect Landscapes, we can turn your unsightly or bare lawn into a beautiful and healthy lawn with our seeding service. We have a proven process that works and we use fescue seeds that can grow strong and healthy. We will even teach you how to properly care for your grass after the seeds are planted so you can set your seeds up for success.
We offer our new lawn seeding service to residential, commercial, and HOA properties in Memphis, Midtown Memphis, East Memphis, TN and the surrounding communities.
What does our new lawn seeding process involve?
Growing a new lawn from scratch isn't the easiest task in the world. It is a complicated process that requires a lot of work, tools, and attention to detail. Luckily, we have this process down to a science. When you partner with us for your new lawn seeding services, we will:
- Clear your yard - The first step in growing a new yard is to clear your existing lawn of any grass, weeds, rocks, or debris. This will give us the room that we need to start the process from the beginning without any interference.
- Till the soil - Tilling is the process of loosening soil. We use a tiller to loosen all of the soil on your property, making it easier for seeds to travel down into your soil where they can take root.
- Plant seeds - Once the soil is loose, we will use a spreader to disperse the grass seeds across your lawn. We will make sure that the seeds are evenly spread so that your entire lawn is covered and will grow in uniform.
- Cover the seeds with soil - After your seeds are planted, we will cover them with a thin layer of soil. This will help to keep them from drying out and washing away and will ensure there is good seed-to-soil contact.
- Cover the seeds with straw - We will add a thin layer of straw on top of the soil. This will help to keep the seeds moist and provide an additional layer of protection for them.
5-Star New Lawn Seeding in Memphis, TN & Nearby Areas
- NALP Member
- ISA Certified Arborist
- Belgard Authorized Contractor
- ICPI Training
The Type of Seeds That We Use
When we are performing our new lawn seeding service on your yard, we will use fescue grass seeds. This type of grass thrives in the Tennessee environment and will grow to be strong and luscious. These grass seeds can germinate rather quickly and you should start seeing signs of growth about 2 or 3 weeks after planting. What's more, fescue is tolerant of heat, drought, and shade and is even naturally disease resistant!
How to Care for Your New Grass
After your seeds are planted, your new grass will need to be cared for properly to ensure it grows healthy and strong. You'll want to make sure that it is watered at least once per day for the first month or so and twice a day if it is really hot out. After the grass is fully grown, you can cut back the watering to 2-3 times per week. You will also want to avoid heavy foot traffic on your grass (including pets) until your seeds are fully established.
Wait until your new grass is about 4 inches tall before you mow it for the first time!
Contact us today to schedule your new lawn seeding service!
Ready to get the lawn of your dreams? If so, give us a call at (901) 246-7656 to schedule your new lawn seeding service today. We've been in business since 2002, so you can be sure that we have the experience needed to ensure your lawn will grow strong and look amazing. We offer our services to residential, commercial, and HOA properties in Memphis, Midtown Memphis, East Memphis, TN and the surrounding communities.